Thursday, September 13, 2007

Good Coach or Good Cheater?

Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots were caught cheating this week. Frankly I am sick and tired of the "no big deal" attitude this is getting from some people. This is a big deal. They violated the rules to gain a competitive advantage and should be punished. The fact is, even if 90% of the teams are doing it, there will always be someone who is actually following the rules. In my opinion, that someone should not be less successful for doing the right thing while others cheat. I hope the commissioner comes down hard on the Patriots and their "mastermind" of a coach.

I find it really disgusting and despicable and it doesn't sit well with me one bit. How does this not taint their past championships? How do you not get upset if the Patriots beat your team in the playoffs or even (eh hem) the SUPERBOWL?

Wake up people, cheating is cheating. If you think I can look at the Patriots again with the same respect, forget it, they are TAINTED with a capital T.

No comments: