Thursday, August 30, 2007

8/30/2007 - RUN (Exploratory)

I note the run as exploratory because I had never run this route before. I mapped out a 2.7 mile course that felt more like about 3.1 miles. The course was hilly, and consisted of a stretch of downhill that was about a half of mile. I am sure glad I didn't run the other way and have to fight the .5 mile uphill! Going downhill for that long makes your body forget what it takes to keep moving!

To combat my energy depletion, I had half a carnation instant breakfast this morning. I think it helped.

2.7 Miles, a disappointing 23:10
Average per mile: 8:34

The hills around here are a tad longer and higher than I anticipated. No doubt they will get me in good shape.

Total Miles 2007: 47.95

Thanks Hank Hannegraf for being my running buddy!

No comments: