Friday, February 29, 2008

2/28/2008 (THU) - RUN

This will be my final long run before the race. Things went pretty well, though again, I mapped out a route that I had not driven and faced some of the longest hills to this point. For some reason, I think a region is fairly flat, where this is just not the case. I hope these hill will better prepare me for the race!

My next couple runs will be for pace, I'll try to shave 30 to 60 seconds off my mile time to get my legs used to running a little faster.

My muscles are pretty sore today (Advil worthy sore). I am also, .8 miles shy of the course, and I think I could have run that .8 miles in less then 8 minutes, so I think I can beat my goal for 2 hours! This is of course still a disappointing 20 minutes slower than my last stint in the CR...

Run: Temperature was 28, Sunny but Cold and WINDY
12.35 Miles
111:28 Minutes (1:51:28) - 9:02mile avg

Total Miles 2008: 72.90 Miles

No comments: