Monday, January 7, 2008

1/6/2008 (Sun) - Exploratory Run with Dog

Sunday I was invited to run a double course (X-Country) by Jim over at Carpenter State Park. However, Jim decided he wasn't going to go. Once Natalia got done horseback riding, all 4 of us (me, nat, ryan, lucy) headed over. I was goign to run the old Cross country course (just not twice) and I wanted to take Lucy to see if she would keep up.


So I conjured up some old memories of high school cross country and ran the old course. It was great and Lucy was having a blast (until about mile 2.5). Running through the woods and those old trails really brought up some great memories of coaches pushing us, crowds cheering, one on one battles with other runners. Those were some good days!

Run: Temperature was 42 degrees, and sunny. It was getting dark though as it was about 4:30pm, the park was closing too!

3.10 Miles
29:00 Minutes - 9:21 mile avg
Total Miles 2008: 6.75 Miles

In high school, I broke 18 on this course and came close to breaking 17! I have a ways to go!

No comments: